Saturday 9 February 2013

Rediscovering Venice!

Myself and one of my best friends, Soafi took a short trip to Venice over my Christmas holidays, it was a last minute decision and we had an amazing time revisiting all the sights and taking in all the beautiful architecture, and eating LOTS of pizza and gelato! The trip helped support my current embroidery project, what fascinates me the most about Venice is how it hasn't changed, its like going back in time. I adore the surface patterns you can stumble across on the more secluded parts of the Island, to me they are a less obvious aspect within the beauty of Venice. However, the actual architecture itself is also amazing, Venice's rich and luxurious heritage is definitely reflected in the buildings. My absolute favourite is the very popular Basilica in St Marks Square. We also visited the Guggenheim, It was amazing to actually be stood in front of the likes of Dali and Mondarin's work. I've included a variety of pictures of our trip, enjoy! 
Photos by both myself and Soafi Burns x

     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment